Hello my gorgeous beauties!
I don’t even know where to start with these liquid lipsticks but as I am sure you have noticed, I have been writing a lot about liquid lipsticks at the minute, searching for the right formula for me.
Jeffree Starr is a brand I heard about on Youtube and how incredible his liquid lipsticks and highlighters were, so I was so excited when I was browsing through beauty bay, not sure what I wanted to buy myself. I came across these, I went through all the colours and instead of going for my typical nudes, I wanted to try something a little out of the norm for me.
I picked two colours in total, each costing £16, which is quite expensive for one lip product, but I was just drawn to them, like a moth to the flame as they say and I couldn’t pass on this opportunity. To make sure the colours we true to the picture, I decided to google some swatches.
The first thing I loved about this was that they were true to colour, most of the pictures on Jeffree Starr’s site and Beauty Bay, is that they do life pictures of someone wearing the colour. Now I will admit, this isn’t on every colour, but most of them are on there. I loved this, as they gave you and idea as to how they would look and comparing them with swatches I found, they were bang on.
I find it horrible online shopping for make up, buying something, it arriving and it not being the colour you thought it would be, which is why I instantly fell in love with this concept.
One of the colours I purchased was called Androgyny, which I would describe as a deep mauve colour:
The second colour I purchased was called Unicorn Blood, a dark rusty red:
- Gorgeous colour and true to the website
- Doe Foot Applicator, but this one is larger and softer than others I have used. Making it really easy to apply
- Dries completely matte, but not too drying
- Available in the UK which I love
- Simple packaging, but so effective. Love the pink with the star embulim . Also the lid makes a little clicking noise when it closes, which I find really satisfying for some strange reason
- My favourite formula of the brands I have tried
- Is quite pricy for a liquid lipstick, but personally I think it’s worth it
- Unicorn Blood – this one can bleed slightly and needs to be reapplied quite a few times throughout the day to keep the colour bold
- Can crumble
With the last two cons, bear in mind that I really put it to the test. I drink a lot of fluids throughout the day, I am a coffee addict and I drink about 10 cups a day with cold drinks in between, I am a smoker. There are no claims to say they should last through this kind of test, from what I gather from other reviews on this, it lasts really well.
Overall, I absolutely love these liquid lipsticks and they are by far my favourites so far! These are my go to colours for the weekend (bit much for work I think) and I absolutely love wearing them.
I will DEFINITELY be purchasing more of these, as I don’t think I can live on only 2! Might have to get a nude for work and then I’ll have one for all occasions.
Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this review.
As always, please make sure you follow if you would like to read my posts on a regular basis. Like and comment, love to have feedback, but also would like to know if you have tried these and what your thoughts were.
Until next time….