Welcome to my Foundation Series guys, this is the 3rd post in this series and I really hope you’re enjoying them.
As always, let’s start with the claims for the Clinique Even Better Foundation:
“New Even Better Foundation SPF15 oil free formula, a powerful foundation developed to help combat hyper-pigmentation and deliver brighter skin, both immediately and over time. Includes treatment benefits to help even skin tone and SPF protection to help prevent future hyper-pigmentation. Provides moderate to full coverage, leaving skin instantly perfected with a unique mineral blend.”
- Medium Coverage
- Tacky/Stick feel making it harder to blend
- 25 available shades
- Semi Matte Finish
- Heavy feel
- Liquid Foundation (thin/medium thickness in consistency)
- SPF 15
- 30ml bottle
- RRP £27
The packaging, I am a little hit and miss with this. There is nothing specifically wrong with it, but I just think they could do something more with it for the price you are paying. It’s a plastic bottle with a nib and a silver plastic top. I think it does look really nice, clean, clinical in a way.
I find the coverage of this foundation good and with layering, you can get a higher coverage, but I do not like the feel, texture or finish to this foundation once applied.
I thought I was really going to like it and when I explained to the sales rep on the Clinique counter, she said this is the kind of foundation that would look good on my skin. Personally, I disagree, just based on the coverage and the finish of this, it doesn’t scream me at all.
I find the foundation quite hard to blend, because when it hits my skin, it starts to go tacky, making blending quite difficult. 100% this has to be set with a powder, otherwise that tacky feel with remain there and it’s not a nice feeling at all.
The longevity of this foundation is good, but like others on my skin, it breaks down in my oily areas, nose and chin, making it look very cakey and not something I would wear for a night on the town.
All foundations are different on people’s skin, as I have seen this foundation on other people and it looks gorgeous and flawless, but for me, it just didn’t work. The tacky, shiny finish was a major con for me.
The foundation has merits but maybe for a different skin type. The coverage was their with building and the longevity isn’t bad, but that after feeling is just not right.
The tacky feel to the foundation is what ruins it for me really, trying to blend it can be quite difficult, you get there, but it’s just not a smooth finish.
This is not a foundation I would re-purchase, but I would probably use it for occasions where family were coming round to dinner, as I hate wasting product, I would need to find a use for it.
Overall, I would rate this a 5 out of 10, as for me personally it didn’t work well with my skin and it’s not something I would use on a regular occasion.
Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?
- All foundations were applied with a beauty sponge (for best application)
- Before applying the foundation, I moisturised with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, Benefit POREfessional primer and Soap and Glory Speed Plump All Day Super Moisture (secondary primer)
- All opinions in these posts are my own opinion, everyone is different, if I don’t like a product, it doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t good, it just didn’t work for me
- All products mentioned, I purchased myself and have not received any benefits for writing these posts
- I have combination skin, this will always effect the way the foundation works, so bear this in mind when reading the reviews.